Inventory Management Solution
RFID Reader Questions
How do I connect the handheld RFID reader to my smart device?
Open your app and navigate to a scan screen (Take Inventory or Move equipment).
Choose your scan type –
- iOS – tap scanner icon and pull the trigger on your scanner to connect
- Android – choose reader type from the dropdown menu or pair a new reader in the dropdown menu
Why won’t my reader turn on?
Check to make sure your scanner is charged.
Make sure the scanner handle is in place and not loose.
Why can’t I read my tags' QR codes with my RFID reader?
QR codes are read using the camera in your smart device. The reader detects RFID tags only.
If I pull the trigger more than once will the reader scan a tag twice?
No, you can pull the trigger as many times as you want in any single scan. The reader will only detect each tag once per scan.
How do I assign a tag to my Invisi-Tag system?
There are 3 ways to assign equipment to tags in Invisi-Tag:
- Open the app, Tap ‘setup’ (enter setup code), Tap ‘tag assignment’, scan the tags that you want to assign, tap the RFID number on the screen and enter the equipment information.
- Login to your enterprise web account, click tag list, click add tag, input equipment information.
- Login to your enterprise web account, click the ‘upload tags’ tab. Download the tag upload template, fill out the .CSV file following the tag format guidelines. Upload the .CSV file to the system.
How do I know which tags to use on which equipment?
Why won’t my QR codes scan?
Make sure you are enabled as a barcode user in the system
Make sure tags have a QR code associated with the RFID tag in the system
Make sure you have chosen barcode scanning as your reader type (Andriod)
Why can’t I log in to my app?
Check to make sure you have the main account holder’s email and password.
Check be sure that the main account holder didn’t change the password on the account.
Make sure you have been paying your monthly cloud account bill.
How do I assign tags using the Invisi-Tag app?
- Enter the setup menu (you will need the setup password)
- Tap 'Tag assignment'
- Scan the tags you want to assign
- Tap the RFID number matching the tag you are assigning
- Enter the equipment information into the fields provided.
- Tap 'done' then move to the next tag
How do I scan QR codes with my smart device?
You will need to be enabled as a barcode user in the enterprise system and logged into the app using your employee ID by going to the info screen and checking that the active user is the correct barcode-enabled user.
Navigate to a scan screen and choose your scan type
- iOS: tap the barcode icon
- Android: select reader dropdown and choose Barcode as your reader type
The camera should open and you hover your camera over the QR code
You can scan one tag then go to the next until you have completed you scan then tap 'done'
How do I create a new location in the app?
Tap: Jobs, Move Equipment, Add a New Location, Name the location, choose the location type, then tap done.
What does 'Tag Not Assigned' mean?
This means the tag has not been assigned to the Invisi-Tag account. You must assign the tag to equipment before you can scan it to a location.
What does 'Tags not in job' mean?
You have detected a tag that belongs to a different inventory list.
How do I create a new employee?
- Click the 'Employees' tab
- Click 'Add employee'
- Enter the employee’s name and employee ID (you create the ID)
- Click 'Add Employee' button
How do I enable the barcode user function for an employee?
- Click the 'Employees' tab
From the table of employees, find the column labeled 'barcode'
Click the red 'x' in the row for the employees that you want to enable.
How do I assign new tags in the enterprise website?
- Click the 'Tag List' tab
- Click the green 'Add Tags' button
- Follow the tag formatting instructions found in the Upload Tags page and fill out the 'Add Tag' form.
How do I Create a new location in the enterprise website?
- Click the 'Location' tab
- Click 'Add location'
- Fill out the 'Add Location' form, choose the location type then click 'Add'
How do I find out where a piece of equipment is using the enterprise website?
- Click the 'reports' tab, then click 'location status report'
- Use the search bar to search for your equipment by name, RFID number, or equipment type.
How do I find a specific Inventory scan?
- Click the 'reports' tab, then select 'inventory reports'
- In the search box search for your scan by date, scanned by name, or location.
STILL NEED HELP?
Get in touch with us today!